University of Education Winneba(UEW) Admission into Sandwich Undergraduate Programmes-Everything you need to know
- UEW Investiture and Induction of 4th Vice-Chancellor-See Details
- UNILEAD 2019 Call for application is out
- 2018/2019 UEW Fresh Students View About the Institution
- 4-Year B.Ed curriculum for Initial Teacher Education-developed by UEW, UG, UDS and KNUST
- 2019/19 UEW Financial Clearance and Verification for Continuing Students
- portal of UEW
- UEW Financial Clearance and Verification for Continuing Students-2018/2019
- 2018/2019 GRASAG-UEW Elected Executives Year Sworn in Full Details
- 2019/2020 UEW Online Registration of Courses for Continuing Students Now Open
- 2018/2019 UEW Online Registration of Courses for Continuing Students Now Open
These are the basic requirements to be satisfied to qualify for admission into the University. In addition, other programme-specific requirements must be met.
(Click here for details of programme-specific requirements or download the attached UEW Admissions Brochure).
- Post Diploma Programmes
Applicant must possess:
- Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in a relevant field of study from a recognised Institution. OR
- Diploma in Basic Education or its equivalent.
(Admission to Post-Diploma progranmes would be offered based on the applicant’s qualification/certificate. Successful applicants would be admitted to Level 300)
- Diploma Programmes
(a) Two-Year Diploma Programmes
i. WASSCE: Passes (A1-D7) in three (3) Core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science/Social Studies, plus Credit Passes (A1-C6) in three (3) relevant Elective subjects. OR
ii. SSSCE: Passes (A-D) in three (3) Core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science/Social Studies, and Passes (A-D) in three (3) relevant Elective subjects. OR
iii. A Distinction or Credit in an accredited Certificate programme. OR
iv. SC/GCE: Five (5) Credit Passes at GCE “O” Level including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject.
Applicants with GCE results which are more than five (5) years old should apply as Mature Applicants.
Baccalaureate and other Foreign Qualifications
Applicants will be considered on recommendation and establishment of equivalence by the National Accreditation Board. Otherwise, candidates may apply as Mature Applicants.
i. Must be at least, 25 years by August 1, 2018.
ii Should have a minimum of SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate/GCE Certificate /DBS or RSA Certificate, or an equivalent qualification.
iii. Must pass the UEW Entrance Examination.
(b) One-Year Diploma in Education Programme
i. A Bachelor’s degree, Higher National Diploma, Diploma or Advanced Craft Certificate obtained from an accredited Tertiary Institution.
ii. Persons with higher qualifications may apply.
3. Certificate Programmes
i. At least a credit in Core English in SSSCE/WASSCE.
ii. Candidates with higher qualifications may apply.
University of Education, Winneba (UEW) Contact
For Enquiries Call:
Winneba: (0) 303965981 or 0501434046
Kumasi: +233 (0) 322053617 or +233 (0) 322053617
Mampong: +233 (0) 202041117
Ajumako: +233 (0) 332193772
Distance: +233 (0) 207381668, +233 (0) 248475077 or
+233 (0) 202041141
Graduate School: +233 (0) 202041133
However, if you have any Suggestion, Correction regarding the UEW Student Portals – www.sip.uew.edu.gh/login, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Don’t hesitate to like our social platforms in order to share, discuss & get the latest updates about the institution.
>>> Be Social By Sharing this post via the Sharing Button Below <<<