- Physical Education (PE)
- Maintain and enrich your expertise in the subject area you will teach;
- Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in the charter;
- Coordinate lesson plans with other teachers to maximize possibilities for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis;
- Provide direct and indirect instruction;
- Long and short-term planning addressing individual needs of students;
- Prepare students adequately for all required assessments;
- Evaluate students’ progress;
- Prepare at least quarterly individual student achievement reports for parents;
- Provide an inviting, exciting, innovative, learning environment;
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management;
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff;
- Serve as an advisor to a students, including organizing advisory groups, overseeing the academic and behavioral progress;
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the principal.
- The position will be compensated with a competitive salary, based on school standards of pay, experience and qualifications
Minimum Essential Qualification:
- Minimum of Bachelors of Education, with specialization in your subject.
- Demonstrated expertise in the subject they will teach, as evidenced by personal skills and knowledge, an undergraduate major or minor or graduate degree in the subject they will teach, or direct subject-area teaching experience;
- Demonstrated communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability and experience to engage the interest of school-age children;
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse children, including those with special needs;
- Teaching experience in a public or private school, preferably in an urban setting;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with parents;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate tests and measurements of achievement;
- Demonstrated willingness to be held accountable for student results.
- 2 years in the classroom
- Work experience from community or international schools is highly desirable
- Essential knowledge- skill requirements:
- High degree of communication skills
- Ability to maintain sound working relationships.
- Autonomous and well organized with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A strong desire to work with children.
- Command of subject matter
- Command of written and spoken English language
How to Apply
Ten days from the date of announcement will be the closing date of the vacancy. Please Emailbereket.firstname.lastname@example.org or hand over your applications and credentials in person to theSwedish community school compound from the date of announcement.
We are located in Kazanches opposite to Norwegian Lutheran Mission across Meles Zenawi Foundation. Tel numbers: +2518545981/2, or +251911259055 (Bereket)