The eTex and IWaSP programmes are looking to start an internship training programme whereby four dynamic, flexible and pro-active fresh graduate candidates will be selected to follow a three months’ internship. The successful candidates will have the possibility to extend the programme up to six months.
The intern will be trained to work in either programmes (eTex or IWaSP). The specific training would look to enhance programme-specific as well as generic skills, such as:
- Reading skills (understanding text, ability to synthesis information, etc);
- Computer skills (typing, Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), etc);
- Communications skills (emails, formal group interactions, PowerPoint presentations, etc);
- Project management skills (planning, implementing, monitoring, etc);
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
- Interpersonal skills (punctuality, sense of responsibility, ability to work in a team etc).
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor Degree is desirable in either Business Management, Political Studies, Law, Communication studies, Water and environmental-related studies or has a textile related training;
- Proficient in reading, writing and speaking English is a plus;
- Computer literacy is a plus;
- Has an eye for detail;
- High degree of initiative, efficiency, integrity and accountability;
- High interest in self-development, intellectual curiosity and has the capacity of thinking outside the box;
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via ethiojobs or to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
P. O. Box 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764
The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope or on the fax applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.