Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Application 2019/2020: How To Apply
Step One (1): Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Purchase of Voucher
Purchase a Voucher from any Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB) branch for Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢ 50.00).
- Provide official names, date of birth, active email address and mobile phone number to the bank as part of the purchase.
- The applicant shall maintain the same details throughout the application process and training. The purchased Voucher is not transferable;
Step Two (2): Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Online Application Portal
Having purchased a Voucher, the Applicant should log on to the online recruitment portal at http://prisons.gov.gh.services/ with these recommended browsers; (1) Mozilla Firefox (2) Google Chrome or (3) Internet Explorer
A page will open, which will require the Applicant to CREATE ACCOUNT or SIGN IN. Click on CREATE ACCOUNT, a new page will open, which will require you to answer a few questions leading to the creation of account.
This is how to create an account:
i. enter the email address used in purchasing the Voucher;
ii. pick or choose any password which will be known to you alone and which you can remember;
iii. confirm the password; and
iv. verify the Voucher purchased by entering the Serial Number and PIN.
Step Three (3): Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Voucher Details
Enter serial and pin and submit.
Edit email if different from email on voucher
Step Four (4): Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Choose Category
Navigate the categories to and choose your preferred subcategory.
Step Five (5): Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Upload Passport
Upload a passport picture of yourself.
Step Six (6): Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Create a profile
Create a profile. To create a profile, enter your personal details such as your name, date of birth, age, height, nationality, etc
Step Seven (7): Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Educational Background
Enter your educational background details
Step Eight (8): Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Application Details Verification
Applicant should ensure that all information submitted is accurate. Review your information on the summary page by reading through the summary page carefully. Click on the EDIT button if there are any changes to be made.
You may also SAVE your entries by clicking on the NEXT button. If you want to return to the page later to edit or continue with the entries, click on the LOG OUT button, or submit your application.
Step Four (4): Ghana Prison Service Recruitment Final Submission
Submit your application by clicking on the GENERATE YOUR DECISION button to complete the first stage of the application process.
Once the GENERATE YOUR DECISION button is clicked, you cannot make any changes to the Application Form. The decision on the Application will show on the screen either as QUALIFIEDfor an Applicant who has qualified for the next stage of the application process or NOT QUALIFIED for an Applicant who has been disqualified.
The reasons for disqualification will be displayed on the page. Print and keep a copy of the generated report as you will be required to present it at the next stage of physical screening. An instant message will be sent to you by e-mail and text message, which reveals a tracking number for qualified Applicants.
Note: If you are not qualified, you may purchase a new voucher and try a new category.
Stages of Ghana Prison Service recruitment process
1. After online application, applicants who meet the initial requirements will be shortlisted and invited to centres of their choice for further processes.
2. At recruitment centres, there should be
a. Body examination and selection
b. Examination and inspection of academic and personal documents
3. Successful candidates in  above shall be made to write aptitude test
4. Candidates who pass the aptitude test will go through a thorough criminal and background check.
5. Then there shall be a medical examination for successful applicants.
6. The final stage of the processes is invitation to commence training.
Things to note
1. Forms are not being sold for this recruitment exercise
2. Filling in of recruitment form is done online only.
3. The Prison Service has not contracted any middlemen to recruit on its behalf.
4. Read guidelines thoroughly and carefully before filling the form
5. Do not submit more than one application; you will be disqualified if you do so
6. All academic certificates will be vetted at WAEC, and any applicant who is found to have presented forged document will be prosecuted
7. All correspondence with applications will be done through their e-mails only
8. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for further processes.
More information can be obtained from http://prisons.gov.gh.service