Everything About Botho University Finance programme
Bachelor of Science with Honours in Finance programme develops an understanding of finance with accounting practices, commerce and industry. Opportunities are widely available. Completing the degree programme in finance is just the beginning. They can measure which industry sectors have the greatest need for new professionals.
The finance sector is multifaceted, offering various positions catering to different skills and interest. The key to individual success is to research, locate and land the financial job that has the greatest compatibility with your skills and interests. Various career positions available in the market may be Senior Finance Officer, Chief Finance Controller, Chief Financial Officer, Finance Manager, Insurance Broker, Insurance Agent, Treasurer, Stock Brokers, Head, Cashier, Senior Teller, Senior level managerial position, Finance Consultant, Mutual Fund Agent, different roles in real estate sector, Chief Loan Officer, etc.
The Bachelor of Science with Honours in Finance is targeted at those wishing to enter the financial sector, commercial banking sector, investment sector, corporate finance, insurance sector, investment banking, multinational companies, public sector companies, accounting firms, financial analyst, financial planner, financial consultant, venture capital professionals, etc.
- Botho University Fee Structure and Policy
- Botho university library Portal
- Botho University Application Procedures/Requirements
- Complete Botswana Tourism and Culture Details
- All you need to know About Botho University
Programme details: The programme consists of core (required) and elective modules as detailed below. Some modules may have pre-requisites (i.e. may require the student to pass another module or set of modules first). Some modules may be co-requisite (i.e. such modules are required to be taken together). The number at the end of the module in parenthesis indicates the credit load of the module. 1 credit is equal to 10 hours of learning (guided, in-class and independent combined); therefore a 10-credit module requires on average 100 hours of learning from the student.
- C5-ICO-11: Introduction to Computers (20)
- A5-FFI-14: Fundamentals of Finance (20)
- A5-PA1-15: Principles of Accounting 1 (20)
- A5-FMT-15: Financial Markets (20)
- D5-CSS-14: Communication and Study Skills (20)
- B5-LAB-13: Legal Aspects of Business (20)
- A6-FFM-15: Fundamentals of Financial Management (20)
- A6-PA2-17: Principles of Accounting 2 (10)
- A6-FEC-15: Financial Economics (20)
- A6-CFA-17: Computerised Accounting (10)
- A6-PEA-13: Principles of Ethics and Assurance (20)
- A6-POT-13: Principles of Taxation (20)
- A6-STF-15: Statistics for Finance (20)
- A7-CFM-15: Corporate Financial Management (20)
- A7-RMI-15: Principles of Risk Management & Insurance (20)
- A7-SPM-15: Security Analysis and Portfolio Management (20)
- A7-INM-15: Investment Management (20)
- A7-FIA-15: Fixed Income Analysis (20)
- A7-PFR-17: Professional Practice in Finance (60)
- A8-IFM-15: International Financial Management (20)
- A8-BOS-15: Banking Operations and Services (20)
- Select one from the following:
- A7-VCF-15: Venture Capital Financing (20)
- A7-CFR-15: Corporate Financial Reporting (20)
- Select one from the following:
- A8-CGO-15: Corporate Governance (20)
- A8-FPR-17: Project Finance (20)
- A8-IMS-15: Introduction to Management Science (20)
1) Applicants are expected to have successfully completed secondary schooling. The typical entry requirement is BGCSE or IGCSE (in Botswana), LGCSE (in Lesotho) or other equivalent secondary school qualification. BGCSE or IGCSE (in Botswana), LGCSE (in Lesotho) candidates are required to achieve a minimum grade of ‘D’ in five subjects.
2) The applicant should have passed in a minimum of five BGCSE, LGCSE or equivalent subjects including English and Mathematics with a minimum of a C in Mathematics.
3) Applicants in possession of a Diploma or Higher Diploma in related field may be given exemptions based on the credit point equivalency.
4) For enquiries and more information please visit our website: www.bothouniversity.com
use the comment box below for any question regarding Everything About Botho University Finance programme