Everything About Botho University Accounting programme
Bachelor of Science with Honours in Accounting programme develops an understanding of accounting with taxation, audit, assurance, commerce, industry, finance, strategic management, etc. Various career positions available in the market may be Accountants (Senior, and Chief), Auditors (Senior), Educationist, Taxation, Audit Managers, Chief Finance Managers, Chief Finance Officers, Accounts Consultants, Senior Level Manager, Teller, etc.
Programme details: The programme consists of core (required) and elective modules as detailed below. Some modules may have pre-requisites (i.e. may require the student to pass another module or set of modules first). Some modules may be co-requisite (i.e. such modules are required to be taken together). The number at the end of the module in parenthesis indicates the credit load of the module. 1 credit is equal to 10 hours of learning (guided, in-class and independent combined); therefore a 10-credit module requires on average 100 hours of learning from the student.
- C5-ICO-11: Introduction to Computers (20)
- A5-FBF-13: Fundamentals of Business and Finance (20)
- D5-CS1-13: Communication and Study Skills 1 (10)
- B5-BS1-17: Business Mathematics & Statistics 1 (10)
- A5-IFA-13: Introduction to Financial Accounting (20)
- B5-LAB-13: Legal Aspects of Business (20)
- B5-BS2-17: Business Mathematics & Statistics 2 (10)
- D5-CS2-17: Communication and Study Skills 2 (10)
- A6-PEA-13: Principles of Ethics and Assurance (20)
- A6-FA1-17: Financial Accounting 1 (20)
- B6-MIE-17: Micro – Economics (10)
- A6-CDA-17: Computerised Accounting (20)
- A6-FA2-17: Macro Economics (10)
- A6-COA-17: Cost Accounting (10)
- A6-POT-13: Principles of Taxation (20)
- A6-FA2-17: Financial Accounting 2 (10)
- A7-TAX-17: Taxation (20)
- A7-MAC-17: Management Accounting (20)
- A7-FR1-17: Financial Reporting 1 (20)
- A7-CFI-13: Corporate Finance (10)
- A7-FR2-17:Financial Reporting 2 (10)
- A7-AAS-17: Audit and Assurance (20)
- A7-PPA-17: Professional Practice in Accounting (60)
- A8-AFR-17: Advanced Financial Reporting (20)
- A8-CGV-17: Corporate Governance (20)
- B8-ENT-13: Essentials of Entrepreneurship (20)
- A8-PRO-13: Project (40)
- Select one from the following:
- A7-PSF-17: Public Sector Financial Reporting (10)
- A7-COL-17: Company Law (10)
- Select any two from the following:
- A8-ADT-17: Advanced Taxation (20)
- A8-AAA-17: Advanced Audit & Assurance (10)
- B8-STM-17: Strategic Management (10)
1) Applicants are expected to have successfully completed secondary schooling. The typical entry requirement is BGCSE or IGCSE (in Botswana), LGCSE (in Lesotho) or other equivalent secondary school qualification. BGCSE or IGCSE (in Botswana), LGCSE (in Lesotho) candidates are required to achieve a minimum grade of ‘D’ in five subjects.
2) The applicant should have passed in a minimum of five BGCSE, LGCSE or equivalent subjects including English and Mathematics with a minimum of a C in Mathematics.
3) Applicants in possession of a Diploma or Higher Diploma in related field may be given exemptions based on the credit point equivalency.
if you have any Question regarding Botho University Accounting programme, kindly use the comment box below