8TH Annual Pre-Harvest Exhibition And Conference Programme 2018: AgricBusiness Pre-harvest Exhibition and Conference Programme.
Farmers are the frontline in the movement to change the food security equation in the country, to maintain and expand on the business relationships, partnerships and application of technology and new practices.
- “Transforming Agribusiness in Northern Ghana: The Future Starts Now”
We are at the verge of transforming agribusiness in Northern Ghana with the Government’s Planting for Food and Jobs programme, with the strong interest by agro-processors on sourcing raw materials locally, a growing band of agribusiness entrepreneurs, and lessons from development partner interventions, the spark has been lit and ready to turn the talk into action.
The theme also seeks to get the Agribusiness sector to influence transformation, with the heightened focus on public-private partnerships, investment opportunities, raise the bar and create an action-driven blueprint for an increasingly sustainable agricultural movement.
What does the future hold for Ghana’s Agribusiness and the sub-regional bread basket? What is the impact and growth rate of commercial farmers? What are trade & investment opportunities and irrigated agricultural developments? Are there favorable policies, technology and infrastructure? Is Communications and marketing playing any key role in the transformation and commercialization of Ghana’s agricultural sector?
Are there vehicles to plan, coordinate and execute Agri-development strategies? What needs to be prioritized or done differently to turn our Agribusiness fortunes around? What is the government planning next? What are the plans and initiatives of donor agencies, foreign investors? Agriculture experts and key stakeholders?
What is the way forward? Is it the dawn of a new day in Agribusiness? Can the country take its place among the industrious emerging markets full of opportunities?
1. Create a platform for stakeholders to showcase their products and services at Pre-harvest 2018
2. Create an expert opinion sharing, networking and learning platform for key stakeholders; investors, development partners, researchers, farmer
groups, government agencies, business, civil society investment and professional advisors and corporate leaders.
3. Expand businesses and forge new partnerships to promote the growth of Ghana’s agricultural sector.
4. Introduce products and services to transform the subsistence mode of farming into a highly profitable business enterprise.
5. Introduce or connect farmers to ready investors in Ghana and foreign countries.
6. Link buyers to producers.
7. Educate and help famers embrace the constant technological or industrial advancement in agriculture.
8. Provide a platform for farmers and Agribusinesses to establish business relationships.
9. Assist farmers and agri-businesses to expand their businesses before and after harvesting, and create an enabling environment for new partnerships
to promote the growth of Ghana’s agricultural sector.
10. Help farmers adopt best practices to ensure that the achievements made within the industry are sustained.
11. Provide a platform for commodity buyers and farmers to establish business relationships and discuss contracts for the harvest of their produce.